Monday, September 14, 2015

Man finds use for bamboo and hears an insect pray



A lesson in reverse roofing
These 21-foot roof panels are heavy and cumbersome, especially for one person. Worse, the roof panels start at the bottom right, then progress up to the ridge, curve over the ridge, and then move down to the opposite low side. That means the panels on one side need to slide under the edge of the higher panels.

If I did it the normal way—bottom to top on each side, it's unlikely that the grooves would line up at the top.




Elderly man finds use for bamboo
Yes, it's true. I found something good about the invasive bamboo in my yard. This small-diameter piece is used as a wedge to raise a metal roof panel so the next (lower) panel can slide under its edge.





Mantis poses
This little-bitty praying mantis was strolling around the edge of a red water bucket (filled with water). One split second after this photo, I dropped my phone into the water, where it quickly sunk to the bottom.



The power of prayer
The next picture shows the mantis (the only insect that can turn its head) looking back at me and muttering a few words of prayer. It worked.

I grabbed the phone, ripped it out of its allegedly water-resistant case, and saved it. It works just fine.








No comments: